Frequently Asked Questions
What makes ASPS doctors uniquely qualified?
Plastic surgeons who are members of ASPS, American Society of Plastic Surgeons, are board certified and have undergone extensive training and have been evaluated by their peers on their practice of plastic surgery, from both technical and ethical perspectives.
Every ASPS Member must meet these rigid requirements:
- Graduated from an accredited medical school
- Completed a combination of at least five years of general surgery and plastic surgery residency training
- Passed comprehensive written and oral examinations given by The Board of Plastic Surgery
- Performs plastic surgery in surgical facilities that are accredited, licensed or Medicare certified, when the procedure requires anesthesia other than minor local anesthesia
- Maintains 150 hours of Continuing Medical Education (CME) for every three-year cycle of their membership
- Adheres to the ASPS Code of Ethics
What should I expect at the consultation?
Patients begin their cosmetic surgery transformation during a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Longo. The consultation is a chance to discuss a patient’s desire and to learn about the techniques that can help achieve those goals. Dr. Longo believes that through patient education one can make a comfortable and knowledgeable decision when choosing cosmetic procedures.
Following your consultation with Dr. Longo the patient coordinator will assist you in treatment planning, financing and scheduling your surgery at a time that is most convenient for you.
Am I a good candidate for plastic surgery?
Plastic surgery aims to redesign and reshape various aspects of the human appearance. Many patients opt for plastic surgery due to the fact that they are unhappy with a particular part of their body and feel as though it could be improved. Plastic surgery has dramatic benefits; however it is not for everyone.
If you are considering plastic surgery:
- Understand the limitations and benefits of plastic surgery.
- Have realistic expectations. Plastic surgery can reshape your body, not your life.
- Schedule your surgery when you have emotional support available.
A patient with a positive outlook is more likely to have a positive plastic surgery experience and a quicker recovery.
Are there accommodations for out-of-town patients?
Patients traveling from out-of-town may want to consider accommodations closer to our office. Many patients arrive the night before surgery. You will need to return to our office the day after surgery as well, which makes staying local much more convenient.
These accommodations offer Dr. Longo’s patients a discounted rate:
- Larkspur Landing 555 Howe Avenue, Sacramento, CA (916) 646-1212
- The Inn At Parkside 2116 6th Street, Sacramento, CA (916) 658-1818
Charles T. Longo M.D. | 4250 H St. Suite #3 Sacramento, CA 95819 | Phone: 916.456.8756 Fax: 916.456.1542